Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Experiences at the National Mall by Debbie Shaw

Yesterday was awesome.

I spent the whole day walking around the National Mall. The weather, was cold and there were a few occasional snow flurries. The area was very crowded, but people were orderly.

I was interviewed by a TV station from Holland while I was at a souvenir stand. I also made a new friend, Neve, from Ireland. I am amazed at how many people from a foreign country have come to witness this event.

The only celebrity sightings I've had were Denzel Washington and Tom Hanks near the Lincoln Memorial. They were surrounded by crowds, and you could not get near them.

I spoke with Max last night. He heard Al Gore speak, but he thought the speech by Colin Powell was more interesting. Max went on a river boat excursion yesterday, and he said he won third place in a dance contest - that had to be funny. He is having a great time and is making lots of new friends and exchanging phone numbers. I can't wait to hear how his day at the inauguration, parade and ball went.

Click here to read all blog posts

No comments: