Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Hey, Harley, remember me?

Hey, Harley Dooley, or H.D. as I used to call you. How's it going? You may not remember me, but you had a second cousin who went to school with me for a little while back in the day.She used to always speak highly of you, and, in fact, I may have seen you once. Or at least saw someone who saw you.

Anyway, I want to congratulate you on winning $250,000 last week with a Mega Millions ticket at the Toot 'N Totum on Osage. One of 13 winners statewide to claim the runner-up prize in the $130 million jackpot. As I was telling my wife -- you remember Sandy, don't you? -- man, I wished Harley would have won the whole kit and kaboodle.

The reason is I like to see good things happen to good people, and they don't come any better than you, H.D. Harley is a guy that would give you the shirt off his back, and I've told people that so much they're sick of hearing about it.

Look, Harley, I hate to even bring this up at a time like this, but I noticed since it was "only" $250,000 the regional claims office here in Amarillo can cut you a check. So I would assume you're flush with cash right now.

You may or may not know this, but we've had a couple of cars in the shop lately, and a kid in college and a 16-year-old that eats us out of house and home. And, well, it's a little tight right now. I was wondering, just wondering mind you, if you wouldn't mind spotting your ol' buddy a little bit of cash to get by right now.

Nothing major, mind you, but it would need to have a comma in it. I'd be obliged. And like you said, or would say if someone would ask you, what good is money if you can't share it with someone.

Thanks H.D. I'll be eagerly awaiting your reply. Or better yet, your money order.

No comments: