Thursday, February 18, 2010

Polls busy

I went to early vote around 2 p.m. Wednesday. It was just a spur-of-the-moment thing as I happened to be near the Randall County Annex.

I was taken back by the crowd. I would say there were at least 20 in there at the polls with a steady stream entering and leaving. I would have guessed going in maybe a half dozen.

This really wasn't the noon hour either with people voting on their lunch hour. And with this being Randall County, there was no Leal-Price vote for 87th District Rep. to drive it.

Could it be the governor's race? Some of the locals? People are little more civic-minded? Or was it just a fluke that I was there at a busy time?

But on this second day of early voting, it would seem to bode well for a large turnout for a March primary, this one on Tuesday, March 2.

No comments: