Sunday, January 18, 2009

Shaw is out and about

Today I walked around the National Mall, and there were a lot of people there.

I stopped in a Starbucks and started talking to a lady. She told me she came from Sidney, Australia, to see the inauguration.

There was a concert scheduled with Beyonce and Bruce Springsteen at the Lincoln Memorial this afternoon. The police started hustling everyone away from the areas where you could observe the White House and Oval Office around 12:10 p.m. They set up barricades to these areas, and helicopters were flying everywhere. There were a lot of police cars and firetrucks with their sirens on, so I left to go back to Baltimore.

After I got back to my hotel, I heard Obama showed up at the Lincoln Memorial to give a speech. I was disappointed because I missed another opportunity to see him speak.

No comments: