Friday, February 20, 2009

Breakfast for dinner -- mmm!

Not that you could possibly care, but I had eggs, bacon, fried potatoes, waffles, orange juice and coffee last night. It's what's for dinner.

I love breakfast for dinner. In fact, I love it much more than breakfast for breakfast. Who has time to really sit down and eat in the morning any more? If I get a pop tart and grab some coffee on the way to work -- or better yet, feature writer Brad Newman brings doughnuts to work -- that'a a luxury.

Even the weekends. Breakfast just doesn't happen unless it's a bowl of Lucky Charms. I know, I know, it's the most important meal of the day and that stuff, but reality intrudes.

But breakfast food, now that's good. It does not violate the natural order of the universe to eat eggs at night. I got time to enjoy it. As a matter of fact, I wish I had it more often.

And talking to other, I sense a trend. There's a lot of us out there who like our syrup over waffles after the sun goes down. We're still normal. Maybe.

No comments: