Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Just missed the PETA circus

Story of my life -- a day late and a dollar short.

The PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) circus was in town, and I just missed them. They were scheduled to be at 6th and Taylor from noon to 1 p.m. to somehow show that sex for vegetarians is better than for meat lovers.

At noon, I drove around the block and there was nothing but a woman driving a gray Jeep Cherokee with bumper sticker: "Proud Sister of a Sailor."

But I had to get, and unfortunately according to our Sean Thomas, PETA appeared at 12:05. And were there for about an hour.

According to Sean, there were four girls, two in "normal clothing" carrying signs that read: "Vegetarians Make Better Lovers." Their reasoning was that eating meat leads to obesity and impotence and all that stuff.

Meanwhile, two other girls, from colleges in Florida, were on an inflatable mattress covered by a pink bedsheet. They wore red boxers with pink hearts, tube socks, red gloves and bikini tops.

"They never got it on like they were supposed to," Sean said, "at least while I was there and I was there for 20 minutes. It was very disappointing."

1 comment:

KF said...

I knew it! This is all a result of global warming. People don't dress and act like that on a cold, snowy day in February!