Friday, July 10, 2009

It was so hot...

Boy, yesterday was hot. I mean HOT HOT. It was 112 degrees in Canadian, 109 in Perryton, and at least 104 at every town in the Texas Panhandle.

It was one of the hottest days on record. I mean it was really hot.

OK, everyone all together now: HOW HOT WAS IT?

With apologies to Johnny Carson, it was so hot...

...that Dick Cheney, who was hunting on a lease near Pampa, waterboarded himself.

...that I saw a dog chasing a cat and they were both walking.

...that I saw a funeral procession headed toward Llano Cemetery pull into the Sonic drive-thru on S. Washington.

...that I saw three homeless men at Elwood sharing a Dilly Bar.

...that I saw two trees fighting over a dog.

...that a worker at McDonald's on Western stuck his head in the french fry bin for a quick refresher.

Anyone else seeing anything out of the ordinary?

1 comment:

KF said...

Ya.....Yesterday I made some me some instant sun tea.....Not only that, I experienced condensation on my butt from the hot water in the toilet bowl! Today is going to be even better....... Not only do we have extreme heat but extreme wind along with it!
Yee-Haw!